- 1 teaspoon puréed fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or orange juice
- 2 pounds broccoli
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Black pepper to taste
- Whisk together ginger, soy sauce, oil and lemon or orange juice in shallow serving bowl. Set aside.
- Trim, peel and cut the broccoli stalks diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Steam broccoli until tender-crisp.
- Transfer broccoli to serving dish and toss with ginger sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and pepper.
Source: Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook, 1995.
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.