Spinach Strawberry Walnut Salad
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1/4 cup roasted walnut halves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- additional 4 strawberries, sliced
- To make strawberry balsamic dressing, purée one pint strawberries, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in food processor. When smooth, slowly blend in the oil.
- For salad, toss spinach, walnuts, and blue cheese.
- Place salad in the center of the plate so that the cheese and nuts are on top.
- Arrange strawberry slices around the plate.
Source: Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.