- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 15-ounce package frozen spinach (thawed)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup mustard greens, chopped
- 1/2 cup turnip greens, chopped
- 1/2 cup dandelion greens, chopped
- 1/2 cup collard greens, chopped
- 2, 28-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 scant pinch of cloves
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can red beans, drained and rinsed
- Sauté onions, peppers, celery, and garlic, in olive oil over medium heat, 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, spices, greens, and spinach.
- Simmer covered, 40 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Add tomato sauce, Tabasco, and drained beans.
- Simmer 5 minutes more.
12 servings (6 ounces)
Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.