Walnut Crusted Trout Fillets
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts (about 10 ounces)
- 4 trout fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, quartered lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Using fork - stir flour, sage, salt, and pepper on large plate to blend.
- Whisk eggs in medium bowl to blend.
- Place walnuts on large plate.
- Sprinkle trout filets with salt and pepper.
- Dredge trout in flour mixture, then dip in eggs to coat.
- Press both sides of trout in walnuts to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in each of two heavy large skillets over medium heat.
- Add 2 trout fillets to each skillet.
- Cook until coating is lightly browned and trout are cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer trout to plates. Squeeze lemon wedge over each filet, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Source: Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.