Dana-Farber Direct Connect Frequently Asked Questions
Why Dana-Farber Cancer Institute?
Based in Boston and a principal teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, Dana-Farber trains and recruits some of the world's best and brightest physicians and researchers in every cancer specialty — including the most complex and rare. Dana-Farber
partners with two of the world's leading hospitals – Brigham and Women's Hospital and Boston Children's Hospital — to provide you with complete and integrated care.
How can I contact Dana-Farber Direct Connect?
- You can contact a member of the Dana-Farber Direct Connect team via phone or email, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time. Messages left outside of these hours of operation will be returned the following business day.
- Dana-Farber Direct Connect phone number: 866-977-3262
- Dana-Farber Direct Connect email: DirectConnect@dfci.harvard.edu
Please feel free to reach out to your benefits specialist for any questions about this program.
When should I contact Dana-Farber Direct Connect?
You should contact Dana-Farber Direct Connect when:
- You have been told that you have cancer and would like to explore treatment options at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- You have test results that may signal a cancer diagnosis and would like to be diagnosed by or treated at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- You are currently receiving treatment for cancer elsewhere and would like to explore treatment options or receive a second opinion at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Can I contact Dana-Farber Direct Connect if I do not have an active cancer diagnosis?
Yes, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute offers several programs for those who do not have an active cancer diagnosis:
- Cancer Diagnostic Service at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center (DF/BWCC), for individuals who present with signs or symptoms of cancer and where the appropriate next steps are unclear
- Adult Survivorship Program, for individuals who previously have been diagnosed with cancer
- Center for Cancer Genetics and Prevention, for individuals with a family member who has been diagnosed with cancer
- Adult Hematology Treatment Center, for individuals who have a non-malignant blood disorder
Can I utilize Dana-Farber Direct Connect for family members who are not my dependents?
If your family member needs an appointment at Dana-Farber and they are not a dependent, we can assist in connecting them with the appropriate department. They will not, however, be eligible for any services specific to the Dana-Farber Direct Connect at Ultimate Kronos Group relationship.
Do I need to be enrolled in Ultimate Kronos Group's insurance plan to utilize Dana-Farber Direct Connect?
Any Ultimate Kronos Group employee or their dependents are eligible to utilize the Dana-Farber Direct Connect program. While we accept most insurance plans, your Patient Liaison will collect your insurance information and confirm whether your insurance plan
is accepted at Dana-Farber.
Will services provided by Dana-Farber be covered by my insurance company?
If you have health insurance that requires a referral from your primary care physician, we recommend that you reach out to your primary care provider’s office to initiate the referral. Your services at Dana-Farber may also require an approval from your
health plan. If you have questions about your insurance coverage, including whether services at Dana-Farber are in network or out-of-network for your specific insurance plan, please contact your insurance company. You will find additional information
about health insurance coverage, including health plan participation, and questions to ask your insurance company.
Where is Dana-Farber Cancer Institute located?
Dana-Farber's main campus is located in Boston's Longwood Medical Area. Dana-Farber provides care for adult and pediatric patients at this location. Our address is:
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Yawkey Center for Cancer Care
450 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Can I utilize Direct Connect if I cannot travel to Boston for an appointment?
Our Patient Liaisons can discuss next steps if you would like to schedule an appointment at one of Dana-Farber's additional locations or if you are interested in pursuing an online second opinion. Please contact Dana-Farber Direct Connect if you need
assistance determining the most appropriate location for your care, based on your specific needs.