Depending on your diagnosis, your team may include the following specialists:
- Neuro-oncologists, who are experts in treating tumors of the brain and spinal cord
- Neurosurgeons, who are highly skilled in the precise techniques of operating on the brain and spinal cord
- Radiation oncologists, who specialize in using radiation that targets the tumor while sparing surrounding tissues
- Neuropathologists, who specialize in the diagnosis, molecular pathology, and genomics of brain tumors
- Social workers, who help you cope with the emotional impact of diagnosis and treatment
- Nurses and nurse practitioners, who provide health assessment, patient and family education, symptom management, screening for clinical trial eligibility, and quality of life assessment.