In late January 2021, Dana-Farber will open a new outpatient cancer treatment facility at 300 Boylston Street, in the Chestnut Hill area of Newton, a few miles from our Longwood campus in Boston. Our new state-of-the art facility will
provide much-needed additional space for patient care to support our patient growth.
Available cancer treatment and specialty centers will include:
Patient Care Services
Our Chestnut Hill facility will offer lab services, private exam rooms, infusion bays, and a range of patient care services, including:
- Clinical Trials: Our commitment to bringing the latest and most effective therapies to patients means that Chestnut Hill will offer access to a diverse range of clinical trials.
- Imaging Services: Imaging exams help your care team see how your cancer is responding to treatment. Scans available will include x-ray, mammography, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and ultrasound. Nuclear
medicine and PET/CT scans will be available at a later date.
- Nutrition Services: Our registered dietitians have special training in oncology and integrative nutrition. They will work with you and other members of your care team to tailor an eating plan that fits with your diagnosis and treatment,
address changes in appetite or weight manage the side effects of cancer treatment, and more.
- Pharmacy: Our pharmacy will be able to prepare infusion medications on-site and offer a specialty pharmacy able to fill a range of prescriptions for you.
- Social Workers: Licensed clinical social workers can counsel, guide, and support you and your family as you cope with the impact of illness. These services are available by request or by referral from your doctor or nurse.
- Financial Counselors: A financial counselor can help with questions about financial assistance, insurance coverage, MassHealth, payment questions, price estimates, and more.
- Center for Education and Support: Learn more about your diagnosis, find programs that may interest you, ask questions, and more at the Center. The Center also offers computer access, free workshops, and educational materials.
- Pan-Mass Challenge Dining Pavilion will offer a variety of food and beverage options
- Coffee Bar will offer a variety of coffee, tea and pastries
- Quiet room will provide a peaceful oasis where staff, patients, and their loved ones can reflect, relax, meditate, or just be
- Boutique will include select health-related merchandise and specialty products
- Free parking will be available for patients and their companions
Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill is located at 300 Boylston Street, Chestnut Hill, in the Life Time Center, the former home of the Atrium Mall. Dana-Farber will occupy the top two floors of the building, with more than 140,000 square feet of space. It is less
than five miles from our Longwood campus and easily accessible from major highways and by public transportation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What types of cancer will be treated at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - Chestnut Hill?
A: This will be a multi-disciplinary, state-of-the-art facility designed to maintain the Yawkey Center Disease Center model of care. Clinical groups practicing at Chestnut Hill will include Breast Oncology, Genetics and Prevention, Gastrointestinal
Oncology, Genitourinary Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology, Palliative Care, Psychosocial Oncology, Adult Survivorship, and Thoracic Oncology.
Q: What services will be at Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill?
A: Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill will offer Clinical and Research Laboratory Services, Clinical Trials, Imaging, Infusion Services, Nutrition Support, Retail Pharmacy, Social Work, and Transfusion Services. Some services will continue to
be offered in the Longwood Medical Area, including Nuclear Medicine (which will be added to Chestnut Hill at a later date) and BWH interventional radiology, as well as some Phase 1 clinical trials.
Q: Where is the new site located?
A: Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill is located at the former home of the Atrium Mall in the Lifetime Center. Although the office is referred to as Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill, the address of the building to use with your GPS or direction app
is: 300 Boylston St, Newton, MA, 02459. The Chestnut Hill area overlaps portions of Newton, Brookline, and Boston — it is not a separate town.
Q: How can I find out if a physician is seeing patients at the Yawkey Center or at Chestnut Hill?
A: The Dana-Farber Physician Directory will be updated with this information as physicians adjust their schedules.
Q: Will adult or pediatric patients be seen at Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill?
A: Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill will support care for adult cancer patients.
Q: Can I get there by public transportation?
A: Yes. On the subway, take the Green “D” line to Chestnut Hill; then take the Lifetime Center shuttle from the T stop to Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill. Depending on where you are located, you can also take the Chestnut Hill #60 Bus which
stops at 325 Boylston Street (outbound, Route 9 West) and 280 Boylston Street (inbound, Route 9 East); the #60 Bus also stops on Brookline Avenue in Longwood area. For more information based on your location, please refer to the MBTA website.
Q: Is there parking available at Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill?
A: Yes, free parking is available for Dana-Farber patients and their companions on levels P3 and below. Free valet service is also available for your convenience on level P3.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: For general inquiries about the facilities or services, please email ChestnutHill@dfci.harvard.edu.
Learn About Other Dana-Farber Locations
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center at Milford Regional Medical Center
Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center in clinical affiliation with South Shore Hospital
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - Merrimack Valley
Dana-Farber/New Hampshire Oncology-Hematology
Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care