The staff at our adult survivorship clinic can help you manage long-term and late effects of cancer treatment and guide you in living a healthier lifestyle.
At your appointment, we will review your medical records, including past cancer diagnosis and treatment, current health status, and general quality of life.
We’ll provide you with a comprehensive summary of recommendations that can serve as a useful guide to you and your primary care doctor, outlining potential late effects and offering helpful medical information related your past treatment and future care.
We offer specialized expertise and services including:
- Cardiologists who work to treat and prevent heart damage and related problems sometimes
associated with cancer treatment
- Community resource specialists to help you find survivorship resources near your home, such as advocacy, employment rights, fertility resources, financial support, health insurance, and support groups
- Endocrinologists who diagnose and treat issues related to endocrine glands, such as the thyroid, adrenal glands, and pituitary glands
- Exercise consultations with an exercise physiologist, to help survivors of any
cancer diagnosis experience the benefits of safe, effective, regular physical activity, answer fitness-related questions, and provide personalized exercise tips.
- Gynecologists to help with fertility issues and sexual health
- Nephrologists who work with survivors to diagnose and treat issues related to the kidneys
- Nutrition counseling to strengthen healthy eating habits for cancer survivors
- Education and support, including classes, support groups, and individual appointments designed to help cancer survivors and
their family members address the emotional, mental, social, and spiritual aspects of surviving cancer.
- Oncofertility program for patients to consider the impact of their cancer treatment on future fertility.
- Sexual health program to address changes in sexual health during and after cancer treatment
Read our Insight blog for information and inspiration about survivorship at Dana-Farber.